Wednesday, February 06, 2013

2013 Philippine International Pyromusical Competition

Quite a long title, huh? :)


But you know, it is that time of the year again when Manila Bay will be lighten by the spectacular explosion of colors and the sky would be painted again by fireworks! Now on its 4th year, the Philippine International Pyromusical Competition will be held at the SM Mall of Asia breakwaters on six Saturdays starting February 16, 2013. As grabbed from the PyroPhilippines website, here's the schedule:



I've been watching this annual spectacle since the beginning and even before it became a pyromusical (it was a pyro olympics before) and each year was indeed amazing. This was also the event where I have taken a second look at photography and realized that photography is not all about landscapes and portraits, and that fireworks photography is very technical, very enjoyable and can also be very hard (not to mention, it will also test your patience and timing).


I do not claim to be good at fireworks photography and it is during the competition that I can actually practice what I have read and what I thought I know about it. And from years of doing it, I might have seen a bit of improvement but still, I do think I'll be needing more practice hence the excuse for watching it every year. :)

And besides, I am still dreaming of taking that fireworks shot that borders on being beautiful and unreal, that shot that shows not just colors and lines but that extra "oomph". My shots are not even average looking, nothing spectacular. So hopefully, before the pyromusical competition reaches its 10th year, I already have that hehehe.


I have my six tickets (yes, for all saturdays!) that I bought from Ensogo last year, so see you around!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails