For all the challenges, for all the laughs, the good times, the not-so-good ones, for everything.
1. Good Health.
- I am thankful for good health, especially for my dad and my mom. My dad, who's now fully recovered from a scary stroke three years ago, is now doing well, and save for the regular medical check up, the medicines plus a rather slower lifestyle (he's a retired policeman), everything's back to normal. He had completely forgotten and gave up smoking (he was a chain smoker) and drinking (but we let him from time to time so as not to completely denied him) and he take up walking around the neighborhood as his regular exercise, good no? About the same time last year, my mom experienced unbearable stomach pains, and a medical check up showed that she has gallstones that needed to be removed, asap! i know the feeling of how uncomfortable it is as i also have gallstones and had my own share of sleepless nights and throwing up. She was operated on January 2 and since recovered really well. Aside from the usual fever and colds, my family, including lyn, did not have any major health problems this year and i am very thankful for that.
- One of, if not, the best things that happened to me. We celebrated our sixth year and that six years made realized more how lucky i am to have her. I think the love letter post says everything i need to write. And for 2008? abangan...
- I am grateful that I am employed and that I can contribute and give some to my family and for some of their needs.
- Aahh. It has been an amazing travelling year for me. I've been to a lot, explored new places and set foot on places i only dreamt of before, to name a few, i've been to Sagada, to Potipot Island, to Anawangin, ahh, if only i have enough money to travel, i'll surely wander around the Philippines! There's still Batanes, Zamboanga, Camiguin, Siquijor, Caramoan, Cagbalete island, Palawan, Cagayan, Mindanao.... andami pa, Hundred Islands na nga lang 100 na! and may I also add Enchanted Kingdom? hehe
5. Mountain Climbing
- This is something i always wanted to do, and 2007 came as the realization. I underwent the Basic Mountaineering Course with Yapak Mountaineers, and boy! it was an awesome experience. Mt. Pulag summed it all up to me, and i am looking forward for more mountains to climb for next year.
- As i look back to the year that's about to end, i can say that it was the year when photography really knocks me off my feet (naks!). And i am serious. Before, i only took pictures because I need to (for souvenirs) but now, i took pictures because I still need to (hehehe) and also because I have this "itch" that's needed to be "scratched". Photography is one world that I willingly embraced, and it really makes me appreciate things around me and the little details around them. Now, i only need a Nikon d40x and a photography class to understand more the technical aspects of this art.
7. New Friends
- Blogging, Mountain climbing and Photography not only gave me new highs, they also lead me to a path where I found new friends who share the same interests. And i am tremendously enjoying every minute of it. Sabi nga, strangers are friends you haven't meet yet. And I am thankful I met you.
8. Transformers, the movie
- can you blame me? for someone who grow up thinking that there are no Volkswagens, only Bumblebees and that the ultimate coolness is to have, again, Bumblebee as your buddy, i think that's understandable. I wasn't teary eyed when i saw this but the live action movie really brought me to the time when life was still simple and no bills to pay, no deadlines to meet... and for that moment that i was living the child in me, i am thankful.
- Sci-fi at its best! Who doesn't want to be Peter Petrelli? The dvd marathon of season 1 reminds me of my fascination with The X-file or the 80's Misfits of Science or the original X-men animated series. I am so loving my tv and my dvd player because of this. Yatta!!!!
10. I am alive
- This alone is so much to be thankful of. Despite what's happening to the world, waking up each morning is such a blessing and a gift from above. It always reminds us that we can always look forward to a new morning, a new beginning.
There are still a thousand and one reasons why we should be thankful for 2007, we don't need to elaborate and/or write everything, it's enough that we accepted what was given us and thankful for every lesson learned.
As we leap to the new year, let's bring with us all the positive things we learned from 2007 and transform to a better us.
(Thank you Lazarus for the tag)
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE, KANPAI!!!!!!